Whether you represent a high-school association of parents and want to tap his expertise in getting behind the admissions process or understanding college costs or you're from a college and want to explore how the future of work will impact undergraduate and graduate education, Jeff harnesses a bank of knowledge from his years monitoring, reporting, and digging deep within the higher ed industry.
The Future of Work and Higher Education
Today, work as we know it is shifting, and rapidly. Advanced technologies are changing the demand for skills, the nature of occupations, and what is required to earn a good living. This talk examines the changing landscape of the workforce and how the definition of learning and learners are shifting for higher education institutions.
A Year Inside College Admissions
College admissions is not about the applicant, it’s about the college. Every school has different needs that change over time, sometimes even from year to year. Based on the reporting for Jeff's new book scheduled to be published in August 2020, this talk looks at what it takes to get into the nation's most selective colleges.
There Is Life After College
Based on Jeff's most recent bestseller, this talk discusses the practical advice and insight that students, advisors, higher education leaders, and parents need to help students jumpstart their post-college careers. In this talk, Jeff offers a practical step-by-step plan students can follow to acquire the skills companies want.
Selection of Past Events
- SXSWedu. Austin, TX
- T-Summit 2015. East Lansing, MI
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Academic Resource Conference. Los Angeles.
- Association of College Unions International Annual Conference. Orlando.
- Alliance 2014. Las Vegas.
- Parchment Exchange Conference. Denver.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, Public Affairs Forum. Nashville.
- Symposium for the Marketing of Higher Education. New Orleans
- Annual Meeting, American Accounting Association. Anaheim, CA
- Forum on the Future of Higher Education, George Mason University. Fairfax, VA
- New York State Financial Aid Administrators Association. Saratoga Springs, NY
- National Academies’ Government-University-Industry Research Roundtable, “Reimaging the University.” Washington, DC
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education, Institute for Senior Communications and Marketing Professionals. Washington, DC
- The Summer Seminar, Minneapolis
- New York State Association for College Admission Counseling, Annual Meeting. Ithaca, NY
- Council on Undergraduate Research, Annual Meeting. Washington, DC
- Reboot:California Higher Education. Los Angeles
- Leading Voices in Higher Education lecture series, Dartmouth College. Hanover, NH
- National Summit, Council for Advancement and Support of Education, San Francisco
- Eastern Association of College and University Business Officers, Annual Meeting. Baltimore
- Association of Consortium Leadership, Annual Conference. Dallas
- Society for College & University Planning, North Central Regional Conference. St. Louis
- Association of Canadian Community Colleges Conference, Ottawa.
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators Annual Conference & Expo. San Diego.
- Law School Admission Council, annual conference. Asheville, NC.
- Higher Education Consultants Association. Portland, OR.
- Keynote, Society for College and University Planning International. Pittsburgh.
- Keynote, National Conference of State Legislatures. Minneapolis.